Thursday, April 12, 2018

Words from Mr. Sean Kelley


(from Mr. Sean Kelley's Facebook page)

I always paid my dues...for things that I support & believe in. When I received my 4th degree from SGM Ed Parker I was honored then & I am honored today. In my archives I have taken both my last belt & his patch (1990) and respectfully put them into my safe keeping place where I could reflect back on the moment. I wonder if those who chose to strip, cut or shred their patches from their life are also going to burn, rip or throw away their certificates along with it as it also came with the art? If you must walk away do it in silence or like a few of us retire it as an honor of your past but please remember there are many globally very much alive and well far more senior than many in the land of 'Kenpo Oz' who are considered 'Our Ed Parker's' of today that walked with him, cried with him, worked with him, fought with him, and above all 'Loved' him without a condition but would like to carry him within their memories as a special human being that if you got the true 'Lesson' you would know why I posted this. I respect many, I'm not liked by all but for those who know me know I am reasonably fair minded but above all believe in Loyalty & Integrity as a character of a 'Code of Conduct' follow the motto 'Respect All, but Feared by None' we are all equal at the of the day!!!

 Sean Kelley