Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hugo Labra, Ed Parker, and Bob Cook


 
(from Dwayne McGee's South Pacific Kenpo Karate Facebook page, 6-15-16) 
 
The man to the Left Hugo Labra worked as a Electrician on Sets also a Bodybuilder Gold's Gym Santa Monica,is whom started me in Kenpo when working on the set of the White Shadow everyone went to lunch I had a Hang over from weekend Red Onion lol I heard a sound and this Man was doing some powerful moves,I asked him what he was doing he said I train in Ed Parker's Kenpo WLA ,go try it in WLA I drove by smelled the sweat and hard training and joined that next week and never looked back Thank You Hugo for my Life.1979

Memory Lane (circa 1965) from the Santa Monica (later WLA) school. From left: professional bodybuilder Hugo Labra (lovingly called everyone "pencil neck"), Ed Parker, Bob Cook, who won the Heavyweight White Belt title at the 1964 Long Beach Internationals by beating Chuck Norris's fighter Chris Wells in overtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment