Monday, May 13, 2019

More in the ..."C'Mon Maaaaan Series"...

(from Mr. Conatser's Facebook page, February 18th, 2013)

Mr. Parker was a constant innovator. He was always improving and adding to his American Kenpo System. Although the structure or “Architecture” (as I have termed it) of his system have been fairly well documented, he had continual “projects” on his -To Do- List. The indexing of various Basics, Self Defense and Freestyle drills that were developed during his lifetime serve as an incredible foundation.

During a lesson, I asked Mr. Parker if he had developed any specific “Technique Forms” utilizing the specific techniques required for each belt level. He looked/starred at me thoughtfully for a second {as only he could}, then said; “I have developed and designed several aspects employed within the confines of our Art (he always said “OUR” and not “HIS” Art) to arrange logically and assist students in learning the material necessary for improving ones knowledge and skills. I focused on “Key” examples initially, however, there is always room for expansion.” Why don’t –you-- put together these exercises and let me see what you come up with, I think it is a good idea.” I was a bit surprised at his answer. He smiled, I said: “ok” and we continued our lesson.