Monday, May 9, 2022

Chinese and Japanese characters on original crest - translation


Just to confuse things, and I suppose I would need someone with a knowledge of how things work with both Chinese and Japanese characters, but I guess a lot of Chinese and Japanese characters are the same? Or they are all the same? I don't know.

But this is what comes up as the translations for the characters on the original KKAA and IKKA crests when I put them in Google translator as Chinese and then as Japanese.

Chinese - 

龍 虎 精 神 - (Lónghǔ jīngshén) - dragon and tiger spirit

拳 法 唐 手 - (Quánfǎ táng shǒu) - boxing tang hand (as in the Tang dynasty)


Japanese -

龍 虎 精 神 - (Ryūko seishin) - dragon tiger spirit

拳 法 唐 手 - (kenpo karate) - kenpo karate (also fist method karate)


No comments:

Post a Comment