Sunday, October 30, 2022

SGM Nancy Cerio teaching at the Rhode Island Municipal Police Academy

 

"I taught the police academy for 20 years. From 1973 to 1976 and then again from 1978 to May of 1996. This pic was taken by the Providence Journal when they were doing a special article on the R.I. Municipal Police Academy. They had just made the Flanagan Campus of CCRI the main headquarters for the police academy. The Journal (projo) was fascinated that they had a female defensive tactics instructor. I believe it was 1980/1981 or so when they came to do a photo shoot on me and my class. Later in 1981 PM Magazine ( a tv program) did a story on me teaching the academy. They followed me around from dojo to academy and my home filming that special.  I don't remember the candidate's name in the photo. I just always pick an uke at random. The bigger the better."

No comments:

Post a Comment